CAPITAL CAMPAIGN: RENOVATING FOR FUTURE GROWTH
The Capital Campaign to renovate and revitalize the Emerson Umbrella Center for the Arts will result in a significantly enhanced community arts and education center that will have long-term benefits for students, artists, actors, dancers, musicians, and audiences from Concord and surrounding communities.
If you would like more in-depth information about our Capital Campaign, please click here for the Campaign Case Statement and here for an overview of our programs and our hopes for those programs, our building, and our future.
SUMMARY OF GOALS FOR CAPITAL CAMPAIGN PROJECTS
- Preserve and protect one of Concord’s historic landmarks and a valuable town asset.
- Enable continued use of a vital community resource.
- Install new, energy-efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; electrical systems and lighting fixtures; and plumbing and bathrooms that:
- Employ sustainable strategies and materials
- Reduce operating and maintenance costs
- Improve safety
- Meet current codes and regulations for public buildings
- Make the building fully accessible and comfortable for all audiences.
- Reconfigure the inside of the building to include more flexible and better-equipped classrooms, performance spaces, and art exhibition areas that can be used throughout the day and year for a variety of programs and purposes.
- Offer greater opportunities for self-expression and personal growth to a new generation through enhanced education programs.
- Become a true cultural center for Concord and neighboring towns by expanding our program of drama, music, dance, and film in our renovated theater, dance studio, and small performance spaces.
- Improve and expand our ability to display art and offer inspiring art exhibitions.
BE A PART OF EMERSON UMBRELLA’S EXCITING FUTURE
We need your help to revitalize our community arts center and preserve an historic Concord landmark. To make it as easy and advantageous as possible for you to give, there are a variety of ways to contribute to Emerson Umbrella’s Capital Campaign:
- Make a three- to five-year pledge
- Give cash gifts
- Make gifts of stock
- Join a pooled fund to direct your gift to a selected project
- Take advantage of various naming opportunities
SPECIFIC NEXT STEPS YOU CAN TAKE
We invite you to learn more about Emerson Umbrella and our Capital Campaign by:
- Scheduling a tour of our building and to see, firsthand, how the renovations will create exciting improvements to our historic building
- Setting up a meeting for a one-on-one overview of the campaign
- Hosting a reception to invite your friends and neighbors to learn more about Emerson Umbrella’s goals and needs
Please contact us at 978.371.0820.
Thank you in advance for your support.