Birthday Parties at Emerson Umbrella
Join us for your child’s next birthday party! Our instructors offer weekend birthday parties in several choices of media!
Parties are scheduled for two hours: Saturdays and Sundays at either 10am – 12pm or 1pm – 3pm
The first hour, the kids create art with an art instructor specialized in the medium of your choice. The kids work to create art such as Masks, Puppets, Paintings, Collages, Sculptures, and Works in Clay!
Birthday Party art activities can be custom made to meet the needs and requested themes of the birthday boy or girl.
The second hour, you enjoy your Party: food, cake, presents, and/or games!
You may bring your own food, or order food from any of our local restaurants. Parents may bring decorations to hang in the room.
Note: Depending on the project scheduled and number of guests, we may suggest parent participation.
Sample Projects and Themes:
- Painting and Printmaking (Landscape, Abstract, Portraits, Still-Life)
- Drawing and Cartooning (Create your own cartoon characters, watercolor pencils)
- Collage (Landscape, Identity, Favorite things, Abstract)
- Self-Dry Clay (Animal sculpture, mosaics, coil or slab pottery)
- 3D Sculpture and Mixed Media (Cars, Castles, Abstract)
- Masks (Dragons or Animals)
- Puppets (Animals, People, or Things)
- Woodworking (Based on Grandfather’s Workshop)
Fired Clay Projects*: (Available Sundays Only)
- Animals and Bugs Sculptures
- Coil Pots
- Treasure Boxes
- Slab Cups, Bowls, or Plates (CANNOT be used for food)
- Wheel-throwing (Limited to 7 kids at a time)
* Please note: Firing Clay birthday parties do not include time to glaze sculptures. Without glaze, sculptures CANNOT be used as functional tableware. Clay work will be fired three-four days after your party, and will be ready for pick up by the host parent on the following Friday. Host parents are responsible for project distribution to guest families. The cost of firing clay birthday parties includes the firing fee.
Emerson Umbrella Birthday Parties cost $150 for a party of 10 or less. With the exception of toddlers accompanied by a parent, any guest who creates a work of art will be counted.
There is an additional charge of $10 per child up to 20. Special accommodations can be made for parties over 20 but require advanced noticed and are subject to room availability.
A $25 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation once an instructor is booked. The remaining balance is due the day of party.
Emerson Umbrella Firing-Ceramics Birthday Parties cost $200 for a party of 10 or less. There is an additional charge of $10 per child up to 20. Cost includes clay firing in an electric kiln.
To Reserve your Birthday
Please contact, Jason Springer, Director of Educational Programs, at 978.371.0820 or email email@example.com for more information or to reserve a date. Please try to book parties at least one month in advance.